Started in 2001, the event is held annually to promote scientific research and encourage young scientists to continue their career in basic sciences. This event is held every year to promote science at research level for research scholars and doctorates for the exemplary work done as part of their PhD research. In the early years, young researchers below 30 years from the erst while state of Andhra Pradesh, specifically in Chemistry and Allied Sciences were presented with awards. Gradually other basic sciences, Physics, Biology and Mathematics were included for the awards. Further, from 2015, the event was gradually extended to include all the southern states of India, viz., Telangana, Andhra Pradesh, Tamil Nadu, Karnataka and Kerala. In the year 2021 KVRSS extended its reach to the institutions across India and the event was conducted online. The online platform has not only extended our reach to the students, but we also had the opportunity to interact with eminent Scientists from across India. The students for awards are selected based on the recommendations of the panel of judges after careful evaluation of research papers and the presentations by the candidates in each category. Awards are given in four areas of basic sciences viz., Rasayanam (Chemistry), Bhoutikam (Physics), Jeevanam (Biology) and Ganitam (Mathematics).
The award carries a cash prize of Rs. 20,000/- & a trophy to the winner and Rs. 10,000/- & a trophy to the runners up in each category. Certificate of participation is presented to all applicants.
The Candidate applying for the Research Award
- Should have completed or should be carrying out research work in any of the Universities / Deemed Universities / other Research Institutions situated in any state of India and should be a registered student in any recognized Institution in India. (Should have registered for Ph.D. on or before 30/06/2021.
- The research paper to be presented for the award should be part of the doctoral research work carried out or being carried out by the candidate. A certificate from the supervisor to this effect is to be submitted along with the application.
- Should be under 30 years of age as on 31/12/2022.
- The students for awards shall be selected based on the recommendations of the panel of judges after careful evaluation of research papers and the presentations by the candidates in each category.
- The Committee shall announce the names of the Candidates selected for the awards on the day of the Annual Function.
- The decision of the panel of judges for the awards is final and binding and no discussion will be entertained in this matter.
- Candidates who have already been selected for an award in the previous years cannot apply.
Registrations for KVRSS Research Awards are closed for the year 2022-23