Applications for Research Awards 2020-21 are closed.
Started in 2001, the event is held annually to promote scientific research and encourage young scientists to continue their career in basic sciences. Young researchers below 30 years from the erst while state of Andhra Pradesh, specifically in Chemistry and Allied Sciences were presented with awards. Gradually other basic sciences, Physics, Biology and Mathematics were included for the awards. Further, from 2015, the event was gradually extended to include all the southern states of India, viz., Telangana, Andhra Pradesh, Tamil Nadu, Karnataka and Kerala. In the coming years KVRSS plans to extend the event to cover all the states of India.
The award carries a cash prize of Rs. 20,000/- & a trophy to the winner and Rs. 10,000/- & a trophy to the runners up in each category. Certificate of participation is presented to all applicants.
Till 2019 this event was conducted at KVRSS office premises, where the candidates from different states were invited to give their presentations. This year, in 2020, because of the pandemic COVID-19, the event was conducted online. The event was conducted successfully.
It is planned to extend the event to cover all states of India.
The Candidate applying for the Research Award
- Should have completed or should be carrying out research work in any of the Universities / Deemed Universities / other Research Institutions situated in any state of India and should be a registered student in any recognized Institution in India. (Should have registered for Ph.D. on or before 30/06/2019.
- The research paper to be presented for the award should be part of the doctoral research work carried out or being carried out by the candidate. A certificate from the supervisor to this effect is to be submitted along with the application.
- Should be under 30 years of age as on 31/12/2020.
- The students for awards shall be selected based on the recommendations of the panel of judges after careful evaluation of research papers and the presentations by the candidates in each category.
- The Committee shall announce the names of the Candidates selected for the awards on the day of the Annual Function.
- The decision of the panel of judges for the awards is final and binding and no discussion will be entertained in this matter.
- The eligible candidates should fill in the application as per the enclosed format and attach annexures wherever necessary.
- Soft copy of the completed application form should reach us at email@example.com on or before February 20th, 2021.
- Candidates who have already been selected for an award in the previous years cannot apply.